0
Posted February 25, 2014 by BlueMagic in News
 
 

Petco Being Sued by Family Who Son Died From Pet Bite

A family is suing Petco after their 10 year old son died from a rat bite. The family and it’s attorney’s waited until the lab results from the federal Centers for Disease Control, which tested the rat to confirm it was infected. The San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that the cause of death was streptobacillus moniliformis infection, also known as Rat Bite from his pet. CBS News stated the following:

The boy’s grandmother purchased the male rat, which Aidan named Alex, because her only grandson wanted a mate for his female pet rat, Gomez said. The boy took the rat home May 27, 2013, and woke up the night of June 11 in severe pain with a fever and stomach problems. He was pale, lethargic and could barely walk, according to the lawsuit. He died at 1:09 a.m. the next day.

This is truly a sad story for this poor family. Petco states they are conducting a investigation on the situations. You can read the full story here.