Danny Granger/Evan Turner Trade Highlights NBA Deadline Deals
In a surprise trade, Indiana Pacers forward Danny Granger and a second round pick was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers former number two draft pick Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen.
Turner is averaging 17.4 points per game and six rebounds on a breakout season.
Brooklyn Nets made a trade last night to help their bench with the Sacramento Kings.
Otherwise, it was a busy trade deadline with second tier players being dealt and the Knicks almost dealing a point guard.
Here are some of today’s transactions below.
- Los Angeles Clippers forward Antawn Jamison and cash are headed to the Hawks for the draft rights to Cenk Akoyl. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports the two parties may be negotiating a buy out.
- The Clippers have traded big man Byron Mullens and a future second-round pick to the 76ers for a conditional second round pick.
- Jordan Hamilton, who earlier in the day was rumored to be going to the New York Knicks for Beno Udrih, was actually traded from the Houston Rockets to the Denver Nuggets for point guard Aaron Brooks.
- Denver Nuggets have agreed to trade ousted point guard Andre Miller to the Washington Wizards in a three team deal that also sent big man Jan Vesely to Denver and point guard Eric Maynor plus two second round picks to 76ers.
- Charlotte Bobcats traded guard Ramon Sessions for Milwaukee Bucks big man Gary Neal and point guard Luke Ridnour.
- The Warriors have acquired Steve Blake from the Lakers for Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks