#Mets Wright ties Straw record, 14-time All-Star C ‘Pudge’ to retire!
@SportsBata ..nuff said
#Mets David Wright tied the franchise record for RBI’s with Darryl Strawberry, and 14-time All-Star C ‘Pudge’ AKA Ivan Rodriguez is set to retire!
“I remember as a kid, just going out there and trying to give the big leg kick,” Wright said. “Seeing quite a few Mets games growing up on TV, he was just always a guy you try to go out in the backyard trying to be — Darryl Strawberry for the day.”
“It’s an honor,” Wright said. “Straw was a great, great player. A great honor. But, like I said before, you can’t get caught up too much in that stuff while you’re playing. That’s something more to be proud when you’re done playing to look back on it, because it doesn’t mean that much, especially after today’s game. You can’t sit there and feel too good about yourself in the middle of the year and try to prepare for games. It doesn’t work out all that well.” – espn
#Mets David Wright drove in three runs, last night, in a 14-6 loss to the Atlanta Braves, and tied the franchise record for RBI’s (733) with Darryl Strawberry! He ranks high up in other #Mets franchise categories as well! Check out the chart below and comments above!
• Fourth in franchise history with 185 homers, trailing Strawberry (252), Mike Piazza (220) and Howard Johnson (192).
• Seventh in games played at 1,115, trailing Ed Kranepool (1,853), Bud Harrelson (1,322), Jerry Grote (1,235), Cleon Jones (1,201), HoJo (1,154) and Mookie Wilson (1,116).
• Third in hits with 1,265, trailing Ed Kranepool (1,418) and Jose Reyes (1,300).
• Second in runs scored with 704, trailing only Reyes’ 735.
Definite #HOF catcher Ivan Rodriguez AKA Pudge will #officially announce his retirement on Monday after a 21-year career in the majors. He was a 14-time All-Star and 13-time Gold Glove catcher! He passed great Johnny Bench, who was a 10-time Gold Glove catcher! He played 12 years with the Texas Rangers, won #AL #MVP in 1999 (.332 with 35 homers and 113 RBI), and won a World Series Championship with the Florida Marlins in 2003! He even played on the #Yankees for a season, and finished with the Washington Nationals the last two seasons! Rodriguez posted a .296 batting average, 2,884 hits, 311 home runs and 1,332 RBI over his lengthy career! He will go down as one of the greatest catchers of all-time!!!
Tags: MLB, Baseball, Mets, Texas Rangers, David Wright, Darryl Strawberry, Ivan Rodriguez, All-Star, Gold-Glove, MVP
Latest posts by DJ Enuff (see all)
- The Big 5-0! [Video] – November 28, 2014
- I Have #HadEnuff With Cigarettes! (Details) [Video] – October 7, 2014
- Check Out DJ Enuff Event at Don Coqui and His Monday Night Football Party [Photo] – September 16, 2014