Anthony Weiner admits to released twit Pics
Rep. Anthony Weiner admitted Monday that he sent a lewd photo to a woman over Twitter after initially claiming he was hacked. Saying he is “deeply ashamed,” he also said he has had explicit conversations with six women over the last three years.
Rep. Anthony Weiner plans to make a statement to the press Monday afternoon following a string of new reports about racy photos allegedly sent from his online accounts.
Weiner plans to speak to the media at the Sheraton Hotel in New York City Monday afternoon, though New York Democratic sources say he will not resign. However, BigGovernment.com publisher Andrew Breitbart unexpectedly took to the podium first to answer questions. BigGovernment.com is the website that published the latest photos, as well as the photo that touched off the controversy.
“I want to hear the truth from Congressman Weiner,” Breitbart told reporters. He also said he wants an “apology” from Weiner for allegedly pushing a “blame-the-messenger strategy.”
Breitbart said the photos his website published appear to be Weiner.
“He’s in very good shape,” he said.
Since last week, the New York congressman has been grappling with questions about a photo of somebody’s bulging underwear sent over his Twitter account. Weiner repeatedly claimed he was hacked, while declining to say whether the photo was an image of him.
On Monday, BigGovernment.com published what it claimed were more photos the congressman allegedly sent to another woman.
The website published a photo of a man’s shirtless torso supposedly sent May 20 from a Yahoo! email address to somebody described only as a “young woman.” The woman said that the email was an alternate email address for Weiner.