Pacquiao vs. Mosley in the works!
Manny Pacquiao plans to fight Shane Mosley in his next bout on May 7 in Las Vegas.
Promoter Bob Arum told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the deal will be done after Mosley’s lawyers approve the final paperwork for the WBO welterweight title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Arum says Pacquiao chose the bout because Mosley is the most accomplished and famous boxer in the field of candidates, which included Juan Manuel Marquez and welterweight champion Andre Berto.
“He’s the most recognizable name, and it’s a difficult fight for him,” said Arum, who met with Pacquiao in the Philippines last week. “People are also saying, ‘Well, why hasn’t he fought an African-American fighter?’ He’s doing that, but mostly it’s because Mosley is the biggest name.”
Pacquiao also realizes a potential superbout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. is likely still impossible because of the Mayweather family’s various legal troubles.
Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs) is on top of the boxing world after trouncing Antonio Margarito in a one-sided decision in Texas on Nov. 13.
(word for word, exact from article courtesy msn.com, foxsports)
:::Follow me on Twitter @SportsBata